From gin delights to whisky sours, Platinum has you covered on delicious Christmas cocktails with a twist.
Christmas isn’t Christmas without a festive spritz or cocktail to hand. We’ve done the hard work of trying out these delightful tipples and round-up some of our favourites below. Cheers!
50ml Saicho Darjeeling
30ml Tobala mezcal
50ml fresh pink grapefruit juice
10ml thyme honey
Pink grapefruit slice for garnish
Thyme sprig for garnish
- Add all ingredients except Saicho Darjeeling to a cocktail shaker filled with cubed ice. Shake hard then fine strain over fresh cubed ice in a highball glass.
- Top with the Saicho Darjeeling, garnish, then serve.
Negroni Spiced Tea
20ml Red Vermouth
150ml of hot brewed Spiced Winter Tea – use two tea bags for a stronger taste
- Mix in a teacup or mug with a cinnamon stick and garnish with a clove studded orange wheel.
200ml Slingsby Gooseberry Gin
1 bottle of NZ Sauvignon Blanc
500ml sparkling apple juice
100ml runny honey
- Build in a large pitcher with ice and stir before serving.
Looking for more Christmas cocktails?
The ultimate Christmassy cocktail, the Ellers Farm Espress-Snow has it all: coffee, cream and chocolate. If you’re after a sweet something to accompany a savoury main course, look no further. For an added festive touch, sprinkle the finished drink with chocolate powder to create a snowfall effect!
25ml Baileys Chocolat Luxe
50ml single cream
Chocolate powder (optional)
Cocktail shaker and strainer
- Pour the Dutch Barn Orchard Vodka, Forte’s Espresso Vodka, Baileys Chocolat Luxe, single cream and ice into a cocktail shaker. Shake the ingredients until cold.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
- If you like, dust with chocolate powder for that fallen snow effect.
Double Dutch Gin Pom Pom
Double Dutch Pomegranate & Basil – available here
50ml Dry Gin
50ml Fresh Pomegranate Juice
Slice of Lime
- Pour your dry gin and fresh pomegranate juice into an ice filled highball glass.
- Top with Double Dutch Pomegranate & Basil.
- Stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with a sprig of basil, a slice of lime and a few pomegranate seeds.
Rhubarb & Custard Trifle Cocktail
50ml Rhubarb syrup
Raspberries to garnish
- Add hand full of ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Pour in the Vodka, Rhubarb syrup and shake well until ice cold.
- Add the Advocaat and Rhubarb & Custard cider into a glass and whisk gently.
- Pour the Vodka syrup mix into your serving glass and slowly add the Rhubarb & Custard mix over the back of a small spoon.
- Garnish with a raspberry stick.